1) Laptops. Most new laptop models are released in October or November, just in time for holiday season. If your top goal isn't to own the latest technology, you'll find a better deal on laptops in early fall as retailers will be discounting older models to make room for new inventory.
2) Cameras. Find the best deals on cameras in February, when newer camera models are introduced. By late February, older camera models sell at discounts of 30-percent or more. Presidents' Day weekend is a good time to find sales.
3) Skis. The best time to find deals on skis is in March and April, as ski season winds down. Stores will discount models from the past winter.
4) Bicycles. Cold weather is in fact the best time to buy a bicycle -- if you wait until after the holiday rush. Shops will be offering steep discounts on older models, and are more likely to throw in free extra accessories because they are looking for business during the slow winter months.
5) Cars. Find the best deals on cars during the day on New Year's Eve. Car dealers are in the mood to haggle and clear the inventory before year-end to make room for new models and earn manufacturer incentives. TrueCar estimates vehicles will average 9% below sticker price on December 31st.
6) Cruises. Book the best deal on a summertime cruise during "wave season" which runs January to March. Cruise lines will be competing for customers and offering deals as a result.
7) Luggage. The months after the holidays are quiet periods for vacations, so stores will lower prices on luggage. Buy your new suitcase in February or March for the best deal.
8) Jewelry. Jewelers are more willing to negotiate in April, after tax season, and in July and August when there are no gift-giving holidays.
9) Linens. Wait for January "white sales" before buying sheets, blankets, and towels. Look for discounts in department stores and from some catalog retailers ranging from 10-percent to 60-percent.
10) Tools. Wait 'til Father's Day to give Dad his new drill- prices on tools will fall by 25-percent by June.
11) Suits. Wait until January, when spring collections arrive at stores and Fall and Winter suits go on sale.
12) Broadway Tickets. Get the best ticket prices in January, February, or July. Tickets are cheaper because fewer people are seeing shows.