I blogged about some of my favorite Black Friday stores and deals, but I definitely want to talk about Small Business Saturday! Black Friday can be great for big-name products, but nothing beats the experience of shopping at small local businesses. The friendly staff, the beautiful, often one-of-a-kind products, and supporting your own home town! Small Business Saturday is a great day to focus on businesses in your town run by your neighbors! I always find the BEST gifts for family, friends, and coworkers at unique little boutique shops.
Some of my favorite small businesses are in Fells Point...
- The Daily Grind: Starbuck has nothin on this place. Fresh grounds, unique beans. If you love a really good classic coffee drink, you can't beat it.
- The Soundgarden: pretty much every record and CD you could ever hope to find, plus a nice collection of DVDs, posters, books, etc.
- .925 The Silver Store: I bought my mom a gorgeous necklace here that has a charm... on the charm is a map of her home town! Beautiful and one-of-a-kind
- Party Dress: helloooo, New Years Eve dress! And unlike when you guy a dress at a big chain store, you more-than-likely will be the only girl in the room with that dress on!
- Fells Point Surf Co.: perfect for casual, everyday clothes. I always find great super-soft hoodies and dresses for winter (paired with tights and boots!)
- Trixie's Palace: an aweosme mix of vintage and new pieces, this boutique is perfect for gifts
- aMuse Toys: incredible selection! I recently bought my nephew a Sleep Sheep from here. Really helpful staff if you're trying to buy a gift for someone elses' kid
- V-No Wine Bar: a little tucked away, this wine bar is my favorite in the city! Great selection of wines by the glass, knowledgable staff, and delicious little appetizers that pair perfectly with the wines!
- Baltimore Florist: located downtown, I will definitely be using them to send my sister a pretty holiday bouquet! 410-727-4247
photo credit to Flickr: ktylerconk