This is scary! But good to know...
Sitting at a desk all day can be really bad for you! They say you're more likely to have more issues with your weight if you have a desk job, but there are other really serious health conditions to watch for, too. Check out all the facts from Campus Socialite:
1. Deep Vein Thrombosis – blood clots can form in your legs when you're sedentary all day, everyday.
2. Herniated Disk – putting too much pressure, day after day, on your back causes the disk in between the vertebrae inside the spine to bulge out of place.
3. Poor Posture - bad posture can lead to neck aches, back aches, head aches, and a generally shabby appearance.
4. Knee Pain - sitting all day can cause your knee caps to swell, making it hard to climb stairs and possibly doing permanant damage.
5. Shorter Life Span – sitting a desk for 8+ hours a day can lead to a sedentary lifestyle, which in turn can lead to depression, obesity, heart disease, diabetes and high cholesterol.
On that note... I'm going to go walk aroung the office! Later, desk.
photo credit to Flickr: Oyvind solstad