The collective thought from viewers after last nights episode was "WHY... DIDN'T... YOU... SHOOT... HIM?!?!?!" Have you ever watched anything as frustrating?! It was like watching the post-blackout part of the Super Bowl on a loop. Painful.
But the episode did have some truly amazing moments. I'm thinking the theme was bringing back some level of humanity into all the characters. Watching the guys from Woodbury connect with the prison crew was really fantastic. After all they've been through, and even though they're all about to go to war again... there's some level of humanity left in all of them. Glen and Maggie were able to "ahem"... get past their difficulties, and of course, Rick saving Michonne... valuing her life equal to his childrens'... deep stuff!
Quote of the night "I'm not showing you my leg! At least buy me dinner!"
1. Rick: well, you didn't kill the Gov. and I hate you for it. But I love you for it too, because it means the old Rick is back. The non-crazy, life-valuing, morally-correct Rick we all love! Welcome back!
2. Merle: I hate to say it, but I honestly think he should have gone after his brother! He actually had a great plan... use bird calls to warn Daryl, get in there and end this thing right now! You know things are bad when Merle is the voice of reason...
3. Beth: one gun shot to the ceiling was her only appearance in this week's episode and it was so powerful and poignant. Loved it! She's the mother superior of the prison crew and when she speaks (or shoots a gun) you listen.
1. Andrea: without fail. Every week. You. Are. The. Worst. Going back with the Gov AFTER you find out the truth about Maggie?! Letting him kick you out of the negotiations that YOU demanded? My prediction: she's got one more episode to prove she's not totally worthless, or she's dead. Mark my words. Either she will pull the trigger on the Gov in the next episode, or she's walker-lunch.
2. Gov: what a sorry excuse for a human being this guy is! That's old news. But this week, its his creep-tastic "I'm a nice guy" smile he kept flashing Andrea at the end of the episode. It made me throw up in my mouth a little. Gross.
3. Carl: relax, bro. You're 12. And it took about :30 for this "tough guy" act to get really old.
Sneak Peek at next week: