I'd like to start this week by saying that it REALLY bothers me that spell check doesn't recognize "Bachelorette" as a real word. Just bachelor. REALLY?!
photo credit to Twitter @bacheloretteABC
Anyway, this week's episode did NOT disappoint, in that it was really disappointing for everyone but the viewers.
So much going on... where do we begin?! There were a lot of "worsts" this week, so let's get right to them. This week featured:
- the worst pants ever. Can we call them pants? Isn't it sort of offensive to ALL the REAL pants out there to call them pants? The creamsicle-colored tights/stockings left very little to the imagination and left me wondering what leg exercises Des does.
- the worst goodbye. Awkward, random... Interestingly enough, Brian, who got kicked off after his girlfriend came and blew up his spot, is from right here in Baltimore! So I'm not even gonna go there. I will say, it's pretty early in the season for this kind of drama... we didn't even get to know him! Usually ABC reserves this stuff for after America has fallen in love with him.
- the worst "I love you"... Ever... in the history of the Bach/Bachelorette. You WHAT her?! You... uhh... are you sure you even know her last name? Obv, Des said goodbye. Smart girl. Later, Brandon. Love is like a butterfly, bro.
- the WORST one-on-one date. We've seen bachelorette dates go horribly wrong over the years. But Des just set the bar to an all-new-low with building dancing, a freak storm almost setting their snuggle-sesh on fire, OH and the creep-tastic towel-covered make-out. Top it all off with a pity rose, and Kasey will be saying goodbye next Monday. Count on it.
- the woooorst product placement. Anyone convinced to go see "The Lone Ranger"... anyone? Crickets...?
- Bryden is quickly becoming a front-runner! Who doesn't like this guy?!
- Ben continued his downward Tierra-like spiral with a creepy tank top, using his kid again, and making the entire house want to punch him. I'm predicting he gets knocked out next week. And Mikey is definitely gonna be the one to do it.
- Juan Pablo.
- next week, they're headed of to the exotic and beautiful lands of........ wait.... uhh... what? They're.... headed..... uhh......
Gone are the days of Maui! Thailand! Welcome to Des' season of low-budget travel and product-placement to pay for group dates. Sigh.
Until next week, Bachelor Nation!