photo credit to Getty Images
THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK!
And truly, it seems better than ever! This show simply does not disappoint. For those of you just joining, during The Walking Dead I do Monday Morning Power Rankings of the top 5 best characters and the top 5 worst characters from Sunday night's new episode. The rules of the game are there that are no rules. I rank as I see fit, and it's mostly just a way to see the show through someone else's thoughts and theories. There are ALWAYS massive spoilers so if you DVR, don't read below!
5. ALMOST WALKER - I have to call her the "almost walker" because to be honest I didn't catch her name. The Irish/Scottish woman that was so far beyond sane. You might be wondering why she makes our "best" list... She was nuts, scary, and kind of a jerk. BUT last year when I did the Walking Dead live experience, I SWEAR I looked exactly like her when I had my walker makeup done by the AMC makeup artists! Seriously, THAT is what I will look like when the apocalypse comes. So yeah, that's a best.
4. DARYL - because let's be honest, it looks like he's about to be the freaking President of the Prison. Slaying deers and delivering death notices like a boss. Also... Did he dye his hair? Or does he need a shower?
3. TYRESE - and his new love interest! Adorable! It's about time we saw a Walking Dead wedding! But please, see #2 on the WORST LIST below and follow my instructions! For the love of walkers!
2. RICK - I can't believe Rick made the best list for once! But he seems sane and happier than usual and his senses seem to be back. He's being more observant and looking at the world around him... In the scene with the dead pig at the end, you could really see his wheels turning. And for awhile there, his wheels were stuck in neutral.
1. BETH - I'm sure it was supposed to be very sad to the viewer that Beth wasn't upset that her boyfriend was eaten by a walker because she is so desensitized. But honestly, all I could say was GOOD FOR YOU, GIRL! If only because... reeeally, she's 16. It's definitely better that she doesn't fall in love with some random boy she meets at the end of the world. Be strong, move on. Pretty soon she'll be running the world.
5. ALMOST WALKER - She makes the worst list because she was a psycho. And a jerk.
4. ARMY DOCTOR - Again, can we get these characters some names?! Sorry, the new, extra-gross walkers this season were distracting (anyone else notice the changes?) Anyway, this guy... Can you believe this? He begs to go on the mission, says he is a team player, won't let the group down, blah blah blah... So of COURSE his wanting to steal some alcohol for himself and getting distracted from the mission almost gets them all killed. Of course.
3. WALKERS - They had to make the list for their truly gruesome new looks! My theory is that as the seasons go on, there are more walkers and less people (walker food) so the walkers get hungrier. It's interesting, because you might think they would be weaker, and maybe they are, but once they know there is food nearby they get LOUD and they get VICIOUS. Maybe season 5 or 6 they will finally weaken?
2. MAGGIE AND GLEN - ...Seriously guys? If there was EVER a time to use protection, it would be NOW. Maggie... She is out to lunch if she thinks a baby is a good idea. Especially since SHE'S the one who delivered Judith! Crazy lady.
1. PATRICK - also known as Harry Potter? This guy... SMH... Patrick we hardly knew you. Seriously though, he seemed like a promising character! Kind, funny, supportive... He was set up to be a major player! And in a way he is a major player because now we know that the virus is getting WORSE. My hypothesis is that now, instead of having to die before you turn, I bet that if you have a weak immune system the virus can attack you and turn you without you actually having to die first. Also, eating the meat of an infected animal (like the pig) will obviously get you killed. It took 4 seasons and a turned kid in the shower to realize this?
Can't get enough WD recaps? Wanna read more? Check out this blogger's weekly review... She cracks me up!