Who DIDN'T love watching Lindsay Lohan's "Parent Trap" remake in the '90's? I watched that VHS until the tape broke!
That's why this story is SO awesome... its a real life Parent Trap! An American actress was contacted by someone, who turned out to be her identical twin!
photo credit to youtube screenshot
For the past three years, I've had to wake up every morning at 4am for work. I've become the queen of making bad-hair-days into good-hair-days!
I love this video from BuzzFeed, detailing some of the best ways to make bad hair good again, and below are a few of my personal favorite ideas...
1. I'm a big fan of barrettes. I like the sturdy ones from J. Crew that you can find here. If my hair got kinked overnight (I shower at night, before bed) in the morning I can pull my hair into a ponytail but clip it with a barrette instead of using a hair tie. Looks a little more polished for work but its so easy!
2. Dry shampoo! Again, I shower at night. Sometimes in the morning my roots are a little oily. I use Suave Dry Shampoo... flip your hair upside down, spray lightly on the roots, and rub it in. It sprays on white and you rub until the color is gone.
3. For beach waves without the beach, I'll wash my hair at night, blow dry just the roots (with my head upside down), and then french braid my hair. When you're done braiding, don't tie it off! twist the whole braid into a low bun, then use bobby pins to secure to your head. Hairspray before bed! In the morning, just gently undo the braid and use some more hairspray.
Have you ever been in the mood for something... but NOT in the mood to make it? That was last night (and basically every night) in my house. I was dying for chicken alfredo but its so labor intensive! Even if you use a jarred sauce, the clean up from a spaghetti pot, colander, saute pan (for the chicken)... its too much!
So instead, I came up with this one pot chicken alfredo that was AWESOME! Healthier than what I would have made originally, and delish!
For four servings, you will need:
2 chicken breasts, one jar of alfredo sauce (unless you make your own), 8oz uncooked pasta (I used rotini), 1 cup chicken stock, 1 cup diced (fresh) asparagus, 2 handfuls frozen peas. Parsley and lemon if you want (I sprinkle on before serving).
1. Dice up the raw chicken, and saute in a pan on medium, in EVOO, salt, and pepper. I also used a healthy sprinkling of Grill Masters spicy seasoning because I hate bland chicken.
2. Once the chicken is cooked through, you literally just dump everything else in the pan. Pour it all in. Uncooked pasta, broth, alfredo, and veggies. Stir it up, and bring to a boil on high.
soupy, uncooked pasta..... then after 15 minutes! cooked perfection
3. Once its got a solid boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
In 15 minutes, you will have the best chicken alfredo ever because 1. its delish 2. there are veggies that you don't notice you're eating and 3. its one measly little pan for clean up!
Instead of just the standard, colored Easter eggs this year... get a little creative!
There are tons of cute ways to make your eggs extra special!
photo credit to Flickr: mazaletel
My relationship with the Walking Dead has always been love-hate... This week... Its a whole-lotta hate. You guys are KILLIN ME! Come on! For such an intense episode, I have some really odd rankings...
***Spoilers ahead! Beware***
1. ANDREA: I hate myself for this. I really do. But she truly deserves this spot, if only because she's never, in three seasons, even come close to making the best list. And I found myself really rooting for her... and that walker-death-trap in the warehouse was AWESOME. But... please proceed to #1 on the Worst list.
2. Milton: the meek! Not so much anymore. You did make me hate you more in the beginning of the episode when you ruined Andrea's chances to end it all RIGHT THERE... but your burning of the zombie garden and then conversation about it with the Gov was so incredibly badass.
3. The Walkers: finally! I've been waiting all season for some more WALKERS! They've been noticably absent in recent epsiodes so I was pleased to see the hoard in the warehouse.
1. ANDREA: YOU IDIOT! Who gets caught in a field?! And then runs through random woods to a random warehouse AND GETS CAUGHT THERE TOO?! And then escapes and GETS CAUGHT AGAIN IN MORE RANDOM WOODS?! Also, you had the Gov and his greasy eye socket in your sights. You were ready to go. Perfect shot. And you let MILTON THE MEEK stop you?! Whaaa...?? Oh, Andrea. The worst. Andrea is the new Lori.
2. The Gov: OMG THOSE TOOLS. Ew. Awful terrible nightmares will surely accompany next week's episode. If you know what those tools, ya know what I'm talking about. *Shudder*
3. Tyrese: you fool! The part that kills me is that you can tell he knows he's in trouble. You can see it in his eyes. He knows Woodbury and the Gov are bad news. But he's a baby and I have no respect for him at the moment.
4. Allen: "she doesn't even go here!" This guy... Seriously dude, you are so obviously unimportant to the story, other than that you will almost get Tyrese and Sasha killed, and you're a jerk. And you're definitely Walker-snack in the next episode. Calling that kill count right now.
5. Martinez: showed a little bit of humanity last week with Daryl... went right back to being the Gov's little B this week. Get a clue!
(Yes, the list is unbalanced. Whatever, everyone sucked this week.)
Live tweet the season finale (NOOOOOOOOOOO!) with me on Sunday! @ClaireScatter