Weeknights starting at 7PM on FOX45
Listen every morning at 7:40am for your chance to figure out the Secret Sound!
Its so important while you're giving thanks to also be safe. Your safety is someting to be really thankful for! Here are some tips to keep you and your loved ones safe during the holiday...
Keep in mind, the two biggest causes of fires in the kitchen are unattended cooking and combustibles left near a hot stove.
1. Never leave the stove or oven unattended – grease fires can start in seconds.
2. If you must leave home for even a short time, turn off the stove or oven.
3. Keep anything flammable – pot holders, dish towels, food wrappings – at least three feet from the stove.
4. Roll up your sleeves and keep your apron or clothing wrapped close to your body.
5. Use back burners when possible and keep pot handles turned in.
6. If a fire occurs on the stove, smother it with a pan lid.
7. Oven fires are best contained by closing the oven door tightly.
And remember, never ever use water on a grease fire.
photo credit to Flickr: arriba