Weeknights starting at 7PM on FOX45
Listen every morning at 7:40am for your chance to figure out the Secret Sound!
photo credit to WPOC
During the holidays, it can be tough to think of good host/hostess gifts for attending parties and gatherings with family and friends. Let us take the pressure off a bit! Claire put together a list of the best host/hostess gifts, and a guide to help you find the best gift for your host!
According to Claire, a general rule is to buy an nice, upscale version of something the host might typically enjoy. If you know your host loves a certain candle scent, buy a gift set of that scent, or the largest size candle of that scent. If your host loves to cook, bring them a high-quality olive oil that they might not usually treat themself to. You also want to make sure the gift is for the host: make sure there is no pressure to serve it that day, or share it with the guests at the party! Bringing a dessert is a nice gesture but not really a true hostess gift. You also don't want to disrupt the menu/theme the host has already prepared, and bringing something for the host to share with the guests may do that. Here are some more ideas...
For the host that loves to cook:
- high quality olive oil
- high quality vanilla extract
- coffee beans and flavored syrup
- hot sauce gift set
For the "adult" host:
- a nice bottle of wine (make it clear you wish for them to enjoy it alone; no pressure to share it at the party!)
- a local liquor like Betty Sloop Vodka
- craft beers (bring it warm, so they don't feel pressure to share with guests)
Other general gifts include...
- herb wreaths/topiaries (Whole Foods has perfect Rosemary trees for $12.99)
- candles, candle sets
- a giftset of Christmas/holiday CDs
A host/hostess gift should be enjoyed by the host after the party is over!