It should come as no surprise that After Earth was a huge bomb at the box office over the weekend. I mean, M. Night Shyamalan directed it so it was destined to be terrible right from the start. There is not a single piece of me that has any interest in seeing it and all of the horrible reviews have solidified that. Here are just a few of my favorite quotes...
1) "Summer 2013 has its first bomb, and sadly, it's landed right on Will Smith." Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News
2) "Well, I got Shaymalaned all over again last night. I suppose I will never learn." Nathan, Pop Culture Ninja
3) "It's impossible to take this movie seriously, certainly not as seriously as it takes itself." Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
4) "Not since John Travolta kicked the tires on Battlefield Earth and pronounced it good to go has there been a big-name sci-fi flameout quite as disastrous as Will Smith's After Earth." Kurt Loder, Reason.com
5) "Eleven years and several progressively more dreadful movies after Signs, director M. Night Syamalan would be lucky to get a gig directing traffic." Lou Lumenick, New York Post