We all know Ferris Bueller's Day off. But, what if Johnny Depp had played Ferris instead of Matthew Broderick? Would it be the same movie? Can you picture the man below singing Danke Schoen on a parade float?
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Yeah me either.
I came across a pretty interesting list of actors who turned down famous roles. Here are some that stood out to me.
1) Molly Ringwald turned down the role of "Vivian Ward" in Pretty Woman. The role that made Julia Roberts a star.
2) Sarah Michelle Gellar turned down the role of "Cher Horowitz" in Clueless. The rule that made Alicia Silverstone famous.
3) John Travolta was asked to play Forrest Gump but he passed, paving the way for Tom Hanks to win the Academy Award. In fact, the studio asked Bill Murray and Chevy Chase before they came to Hanks.
4) Speaking of Matthew Broderick, apparently he turned down the role of "Walter White" in Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston says thank you.
5) Paul Shaffer, David Letterman's bandleader, was offered the role of "George Costanza" in Seinfeld by Jerry himself. The role went to Jason Alexander who made it an iconic character.
6) Pamela Anderson was offered the role of FBI agent "Dana Scully" in the show X-Files. Gillian Anderson played the role to perfection.
7) Tom Hanks turned down the role of "Jerry McGuire." I can't picture anyone but Tom Cruise playing that role.
There are so many more for you to check out. Here's a list of 50 for your enjoyment.