Photo Credit: YouTube
Have I told you how much I love Alex G's cover songs? This girl has such an incredible voice. I just came across her cover of the hit, "Royals," by Lorde. I'm not huge on the original version but I am falling in love with hers. Take a listen for yourself.
After a brief two week hiatus (mostly out of laziness), Listen Up is back! I have a ton of great music for you. I have new ones from Eric Church, Taylor Swift, Jerrod Niemann, Cassadee Pope and so much more.
Also, I have a new track from Dan + Shay. This duo is taking the country world by storm. I played their debut single, "19 You + Me" on the last episode of Listen Up and now I want to share another song with you. Technically, this song has not yet been released so I'm not sure if I should even be sharing it. But, I don't care. You need to hear it.
I hope you enjoy the show! As always, I welcome your feedback.
1) Jerrod Niemann - Drink To That all Night
2) Cassadee Pope - Champagne
3) Kristian Bush - Love Or Money
4) Dan + Shay - Stop Drop and Roll
5) Eric Church - The Outsiders
6) Lindsay Ell - Trippin' On Us
7) Joe Nichols - Just Let Me Fall In Love With You
8) Blitzen Trapper - Ever Loved Once
9) Scotty McCreery - Can You Feel It
10) Taylor Swift - Sweeter Than Fiction
We all know Ferris Bueller's Day off. But, what if Johnny Depp had played Ferris instead of Matthew Broderick? Would it be the same movie? Can you picture the man below singing Danke Schoen on a parade float?
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Yeah me either.
I came across a pretty interesting list of actors who turned down famous roles. Here are some that stood out to me.
1) Molly Ringwald turned down the role of "Vivian Ward" in Pretty Woman. The role that made Julia Roberts a star.
2) Sarah Michelle Gellar turned down the role of "Cher Horowitz" in Clueless. The rule that made Alicia Silverstone famous.
3) John Travolta was asked to play Forrest Gump but he passed, paving the way for Tom Hanks to win the Academy Award. In fact, the studio asked Bill Murray and Chevy Chase before they came to Hanks.
4) Speaking of Matthew Broderick, apparently he turned down the role of "Walter White" in Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston says thank you.
5) Paul Shaffer, David Letterman's bandleader, was offered the role of "George Costanza" in Seinfeld by Jerry himself. The role went to Jason Alexander who made it an iconic character.
6) Pamela Anderson was offered the role of FBI agent "Dana Scully" in the show X-Files. Gillian Anderson played the role to perfection.
7) Tom Hanks turned down the role of "Jerry McGuire." I can't picture anyone but Tom Cruise playing that role.
There are so many more for you to check out. Here's a list of 50 for your enjoyment.
Photo Credit: YouTube
A good game of tetherball is hard to come by, but this is one opponent I wouldn't face. I'd be too araid I'd lose the match and my life. This bear is pretty amazing at a game of tetherball.
Tough loss for the Ravens this week. Even without arguably three of their best players, Green Bay was able to shine some light on plenty of holes in Baltimore's offense and defense. Ryan and I pick out a few of our key moments in the game and discuss what we think the team needs to focus on as they move forward. Also, we take a look at the differences between the Ravens' game plan as compared to some other top tier teams in the NFL.
We can't forget about baseball. Ryan and I will chat a bit about the League Championship Series' currently going on. We did record this show before the Dodgers beat the Cardinals to bring the series to 2-1 St. Louis.
Our Monday Night Football picks are included in this week's show. Looks like I won this round. Sorry, Ryan.
We hope you enjoy the show!